- Redirect my thoughts from what has grabbed my attention, and choose to guide my thoughts to where they need to be.
- Notice the flower, the cloud, feel the wind, hear the bird-song.
- Light the candle before i pick up His Word in the dark hours of morning.
- Become captivated by the giggles of a child – thanking God for good people caring for her.
- Hear my husband's snores as if their reminders that again tonight... he chose me to rest beside.
- Reframe the actions of the rude driver --- instead choosing to consider they might be rushing to the hospital and need my prayers or they might be rushing to a toilet because they have diarrhea.
- Lingering long enough to see the kindness between two aged-people holding hands as they walk, smiling as they've chosen to wait for each other.
- Pushing through doubt, and choosing to memorize the verse that helps us. Letting our mind go to that verse wherever we are, because we're choosing those words instead of...
- Saying no to the couch/tv/phone/computer and yes to conversation that lets the people around us know --- we see them, we chose them.
|Betsie is in the middle, Corrie on the left. |
Nollie, was also a sister, but was released early on from the concentration camp.